Renovation and restoration
Kensington, Melbourne, Victoria
Our vision for this Kensington project began when we thought about the history of an old Edwardian house, and all the enjoyment previous generations had experienced in it.
This home had stood unchanged for some 80 years. We wanted to transform it in a way that would celebrate its legacy, while making it enjoyable for generations to come.
The project involved a complete remodel, including new kitchen, the addition of an ensuite and laundry as well as a new deck and backyard area. Rare in its size and potential, this was a dream project and one that we hope future owners will enjoy for another 80 years (at least)!
Kensington has a “Village” like feel
– Good range of cafes & restaurants – Laksa King in adjoining Flemington is a favourite Asian food spot in Melbourne & The Premises in Bellair street is a great cafe Kensington café.
– Very good public transport with three train stations accessible depending on what area of the suburb you live in
– Easy access to Citylink
– Good for cyclists, access to the river bike paths
– Leafy streets with relatively consistent historical (predominantly Victorian) architecture
– Access to the Maribyrnong River & various parks including Royal Park
– Easy access to the CBD